In 2012, Goodlettsville Parks and Recreation was awarded a Local Parks and Recreation Fund (LPRF) grant which allowed the installation of a new playground and picnic tables to the park, along with the addition of a group fitness room and central heat and air in community center's gymnasium.
Details on community center rentals can be found here.
The Goodlettsville Men's Club, working in the interest of all of Goodlettsville's needs, was reminded by Kenneth Johnson, after consulting with others, that a park for the community was needed. This was in the spring of 1951 and the club voted to buy 11 acres from Jesse Peay and started what has been since that time Peay Memorial Park. The cost of this property was $11,000.00. Mr. W.C. Moncrief, Sr. was instrumental in securing a small triangular piece of property from Bill Franklin at the north side of the Peay property extending east well up the north side of the Peay land into Dickerson Pike. Adding this to the Peay land gave room for development of lots on both sides of what is now Peay Memorial Drive. These lots were sold at auction by Fred Ramsey and brought approximately the amount that was paid for the entire acreage. The community center was erected in 1953, including a kitchen and a room for the town library. The house afforded a meeting place for all clubs and organizations in the community. A voting precinct was established here in 1954.
Two other additions were added during the ensuing years. Three fields for softball and baseball, George McMurtry Field, Crip Moore Field and Wisty Denton Field were built, including lights. The Davidson County Highway Department built Peay Memorial Drive through the park. Large numbers of children and adults have been engaged in playing ball and tennis through the years. The horse show was transferred from the Goodlettsville school grounds to the park and the largest of all shows were to be held later. The Knot Hole League and finally the Dixie Youth League were organized and the District and several state series were held here. One of the local teams won the state championship.
During 1967, nine years after Goodlettsville was incorporated, the Men's Club, seeing that it could not continue to finance such an expenditure, decided to deed the park to the city. The city improved the park in general and has maintained it well. A new, modern structure was built, incorporating the old center with it, for a much larger community center. In it were featured a gym with a track, play rooms, meeting rooms and other modern facilities. Many, many people, too numerous to list here, have contributed their time and efforts to the park but we would like to give special credit to Mr. and Mrs. Charles Wright who gave so much of their time and supervision to the program. Mr. H.S. Moss was mayor during most of these years and was more than instrumental in the growth of the parks. In 1976, the city purchased 90 acres in Sumner County for the second park and appropriately named it Moss-Wright Park.